Space Flight Dynamics (Aerospace Series) 2nd Edition
Thorough coverage of space flight topics with self-contained chapters serving a variety of courses in orbital mechanics, spacecraft dynamics, and astronautics
This concise yet comprehensive book on space flight dynamics addresses all phases of a space mission: getting to space (launch trajectories), satellite motion in space (orbital motion, orbit transfers, attitude dynamics), and returning from space (entry flight mechanics). It focuses on orbital mechanics with emphasis on two-body motion, orbit determination, and orbital maneuvers with applications in Earth-centered missions and interplanetary missions.
Space Flight Dynamics presents wide-ranging information on a host of topics not always covered in competing books. It discusses relative motion, entry flight mechanics, low-thrust transfers, rocket propulsion fundamentals, attitude dynamics, and attitude control. The book is filled with illustrated concepts and real-world examples drawn from the space industry. Additionally, the book includes a “computational toolbox” composed of MATLAB M-files for performing space mission analysis.
- Provides practical, real-world examples illustrating key concepts throughout the book
- Accompanied by a website containing MATLAB M-files for conducting space mission analysis
- Presents numerous space flight topics absent in competing titles
Space Flight Dynamics is a welcome addition to the field, ideally suited for upper-level undergraduate and graduate students studying aerospace engineering.
About the Author
Craig A. Kluever is C. W. LaPierre Professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of Missouri-Columbia, USA. He has industry experience as an aerospace engineer on the Space Shuttle program and has performed extensive research at the University of Missouri in collaboration with NASA involving trajectory optimization, space mission design, entry flight mechanics, and guidance and control of aerospace vehicles.
- Series: Aerospace Series
- Hardcover: ۵۸۴ pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 2 edition (May 29, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: ۱۱۱۹۱۵۷۸۲X
- ISBN-13: ۹۷۸-۱۱۱۹۱۵۷۸۲۳
- Product Dimensions: ۶.۹ x 1.5 x 9.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: ۲.۶ pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #۹۴۵,۱۵۰ in Books (See Top 100 in Books)