Massage Anatomy a Comprehensive Guide
Ahhh! Discover the power of massage—from the inside out—in this unique reference book featuring seven styles of massage and enlightening anatomical illustrations.
Massages energize, revitalize, and renew both body and spirit, and have even been proven to restore and promote good health. But to safely practice massage, you need to understand how the body works. Everyone from new students to experienced massage therapists can benefit from this unique book dedicated to the practice of massage.
- The world of massage at your fingertips! This comprehensive book explores seven of the world’s best-known styles of massage: Swedish, Fusion, Shiatsu, Thai, River Stone, Reflexology, and Reiki.
- Massage Anatomy uniquely combines an understanding of the human body with different massage styles, making it an excellent resource for practitioners of all levels.
- Detailed anatomical illustrations and approachable text demonstrate body planes, muscle groups, and crucial areas like the nervous and lymphatic systems. There is also a helpful reference section on massage terminology and a glossary of muscles.
- Discover the ancient secrets practiced by Native Americans and Egyptians using warm stones that are applied to the body. Feel the “spirit life force” of reiki, a centuries-old Japanese technique used to promote peace and well-being. And find out how to combine Swedish, deep-tissue, and sports massage techniques for a fabulous massage fusion.
- Next to strong hands, this comprehensive guide book is a massage therapist’s most important tool–an invaluable resource for new students and experienced therapists alike.
- Paperback: ۱۶۰ pages
- Publisher: Thunder Bay Press (2009)
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0042C3U8Q
- Package Dimensions: ۹.۹ x 7.6 x 0.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: ۱.۵ pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Customer Reviews: ۶ customer ratings
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #۲,۵۲۶,۳۶۳ in Books (See Top 100 in Books)